In case you missed our announcement last week, or even if you didn't, it bears repeating - DPHA introduces a new member benefit that will enable your showroom to show up on the first page of Google searches in your market territory without having to pay for ad words or other costs.
Introducing the Blog-for-Our-Members program where we will produce blog content weekly that DPHA members can use as their own, because each blog is easily customizable to include your showroom’s name, address and service territory. We offer this new member benefit because we know that many of our members don't have the time to create a consistently issued blog. We do the work and all you need to do is post the blog on your website.
- Blogging boosts search engine optimization. Google loves fresh content and there is no better way to generate frequent content than from blog posts. That's how blogging helps your showroom or company show up on the first page of local market Google searches without having to pay for ad words.
- Nearly 80 percent of people identify themselves as blog readers.
- Companies that blog generate 67 percent more leads than those that do not, 424 percent more indexed pages and 97 percent more indexed leads, which is why blogging helps improve SEO and ranking.
- Blogging develops and enhances relationships with potential and existing customers.
- Blogging creates connections with web site visitors because the blogs we will offer answer questions that customers ask most often.
- Blogging makes you an expert. It helps to build trust and clout within your clientele and market.
- Blogging connects people to the company's brand and reflects a personal side of the business.
- Blogging creates opportunities for sharing. Every blog post can be shared by your audience with others.
How Does the DPHA Blog Program Work?
Each week, we will post a blog on the members’ portal side of www.dpha.net along with an image. You can simply copy and paste. Each blog is designed to be customized to include the market territory that you cover, your showroom’s name, address and phone number, and each blog includes at least one call to action. You are encouraged to use your own images in your blog but may use our supplied image if you would prefer.
How Much Time Will It Take Each Week You to Blog Each Week?
Logging on to the DPHA web site, accessing the content, downloading, inserting your market territory, address and phone number and posting to your blog site should take less than six minutes a week.
How Much Does It Cost?
$0.00 if you are a DPHA member. If not, you can’t afford this.
Additional Reasons to Take Advantage of this Free Benefit
This is a great chance for DPHA members to not only quit complaining about the Internet, but also to use it to their advantage. We know that almost every bath remodel begins on Google. Now, here is your opportunity to appear on the first page of Google searches and convert more online visitors into showroom customers.
How Do You Start?
Because you want to control the content that you use, we recommend that you host your own blog on your website because it allows you to name the blog what you want to name it and own the content. If a third-party hosts the blog, that entity owns the content. Not a good situation.
Contact your web master to create a blog page on your web site if you don’t already have one. A real easy button is to install Word Press, the world’s largest blog platform, on your web site. You can do this yourself or ask your web page or marketing consultant to do this for you. Word Press has thousands of templates, offers great support and it will load insanely fast. Your content can be shared, commented upon and Word Press is free.
If you have a mailing list of clients and prospects, you can invite them to subscribe to your blog. If you need assistance, contact Tom Cohn in the DPHA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-657-3065.
The second blog appears below and provides a summary of new technology for the bath featured at this year's KBIS Show.