In case you haven't been paying attention, the final day for submitting award nominations is this coming Wednesday, July 31.
Everyone wants to be appreciated and recognized for their contributions, but few of us take the time to say thank you to our exceptional peers for what they do for our companies, our organization and our industry. We want to keep changing this trend by encouraging you to submit applications and nominations to the 2019 DPHA Awards program. The deadline to submit applications and nominations is this coming Wednesday, July 31, for the following honors:
- DPHA Showroom of the Year - 2018 winner was Advance Plumbing and Heating Supply in Detroit, MI
- DPHA Showroom Professional of the Year - 2018 winner was Phil Hotarek of Lutz Bath and Kitchen
- DPHA Manufacturing Professional of the Year - 2018 winner was Barbara Kratus of Infinity Drain
- DPHA Representative Agency Professional of the Year - 2018 winner was Noel Garcia Sr. of Decorative Sales Associates
- DPHA Rep Agency of the Year - 2018 winner was D'Antoni Sales Group
- DPHA Manufacturer Customer Service Department of the Year - 2018 winner was Americh Corporation
- DPHA Products of the Year (POTY) -
- Plumbing Product, Fixtures (sinks, tubs, toilets) - 2018 winner was Zitta's Materia Shower Enclosure
- Plumbing Product, Water Delivery (faucets, showerheads and valves) - 2018 winner was SIGMA's Sigma Flo
- Furniture - 2018 winner was Stone Forest's Elemental Collection
- Hardware - 2018 winner was Colonial Bronze's Empire Collection
- Accessories - 2018 winner was Infinity Drain's Compact Floor Drain Body
- Dealers' Choice Award - 2018 winner was California Faucets' Morro Bay Single-Hole Faucet
Now is your chance to recognize peers for their outstanding contributions to the industry and Association by clicking on www.dpha.net and logging into the members-portal side of the web site. Just click on the "Awards Program" menu and scroll down the page to the link for the online award nominations. For those who prefer the traditional route, you can also download form-fillable PDFs of the different award nominations by clicking on the appropriate links. Or if you would simply like us to send the application forms to you and you are a member of the Association, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
For the Product of the Year awards (POTYs), DPHA has again assembled an independent panel of distinguished industry editors, designers and professionals for judging the five different products of the year. Those judges are:
- Mary Jo Peterson, Mary Jo Peterson Design
- Alissa Ponchione, Assistant Editor Hospitality Design
- Eliot Sefrin, Editor Emeritus of KBDN
- Alena Capra, Alena Capra Designs
- Molly Switzer, Molly Switzer Designs
The Awards Committee added the Dealer's Choice Award a few years ago that provides another opportunity for manufacturers and representatives to promote their products as award-worthy in front of the staffs of every DPHA dealer. The Dealer's Choice Award works as follows:
- Every product submitted for the 2019 Product of the Year (POTYs) will be eligible to win the Dealer's Choice Award.
- Voting will take place immediately following the annual conference and will be open for approximately six weeks.
- All dealer showroom staff members who have a DPHA login will be eligible to vote. One vote per person.
- The winner will be announced during the opening session of the 2020 Conference.
Manufacturers - when was the last time you were handed a golden opportunity to have your new products analyzed and critiqued by leading journalists of publications that are read and respected by your clients and prospects? DPHA is providing you this opportunity. Be sure to take advantage of it.