Saturday, December 9, 2017

The 17-in-17 Program Recognizes Lexie White from Miller's Fine Hardware in West Palm Beach, FL

The DPHA 17-in-17 Program recognizes up-and-coming influencers in the decorative plumbing and hardware business. This program will profile 17 DPHA members with 10 or less years of experience. Each month from June through the end of 2017, members will be inducted into the 17-in-17 club, and their stories will be featured in DPHA's weekly newsletter, Connections. This week we recognize Lexie White, a sales associate at Miller's Fine Hardware in West Palm Beach, FL. 
 
Lexie started at Miller's Fine Hardware four years ago.  Within a year, she was promoted to a sales position and only a few months later took over as the lead salesperson at Miller's West Palm Beach location.  According to one of her nominators, Lexie is a willing and enthusiastic student who has done a great job learning the intricacies of both high-end plumbing and hardware sales, especially when dealing with the trade.  Additionally, another nominator notes that her professionalism while working with manufacturers and representatives is remarkable, and that her background in hospitality and marketing helps explain her amazing ability to network with designers.  
  
Connections: How long have you been in the DPH industry?

Lexie: 4 years  

Connections: What has surprised you about the industry?

Lexie: My background is in restaurant hospitality and marketing.  I fell into this industry not having any experience or expectations of what it really was.  I was very surprised by how vast the DPH industry is and what it encompasses.  I was also happily surprised by how many people were willing to mentor me and guide me through my first few years in this business.

Connections: What is the biggest challenge you have faced in our industry?

Lexie: In the beginning, it was definitely the overwhelming amount of information that I needed to learn.  Now it's keeping up with evolving products and trends to ensure I have accurate knowledge on all the lines I sell.

Connections: What do you enjoy about being in this industry?

Lexie: Every day is unique.  Working with so many different clients has been a great experience as well as an excellent learning tool for me.  It has really helped me navigate products and personalities.  It also keeps me engaged and loving what I do.

Connections: Anything else you would like to add?

Lexie: I am honored to be nominated.  I never thought I would be where I am today in this industry.  I am humbled and very grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment